Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Chicken Salad

The other day I posted a recipe for Chicken en Papillote that I had made for dinner. Because the chicken breasts that I used were ginormous, we didn't eat all of the chicken. If I reheated the leftover chicken, I figured that it would probably be too dry to be any good. So, I decided to use it for Chicken Salad instead.  Since I used thyme to season the chicken the first time, I thought it would be good to try it in chicken salad too -- you know, keep the flavors consistent and all.  Many chicken salad recipes call for celery and red onion -- I think those would both be good additions but unfortunately I didn't have any on hand.  I served it as a sandwich on toasted homemade bread with tomato and lettuce. Boy, was it tasty!  Without further ado, the recipe...

Janel's Chicken Salad
Makes enough for two sandwiches

1 1/2 cups leftover cooked chicken breast, chopped
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon dried parsley
1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
1/4 teaspoon salt
ground black pepper, to taste

1)  In a bowl, combine the mayo, mustard, lemon juice and spices. 
2)  Add the chopped chicken and mix well to evenly coat.


No comments: