Sunday, January 04, 2009

Happy 1st Birthday Lucie!


Today is the day...Lucie turns 1 year old today! Yesterday, we had a small party with my parents and a few friends to celebrate. So, I wanted to post a few pictures for those who weren't able to make it -- which actually turned out to be quite a few people given the late-notice of the party and the time of the year. Although the party was small, it was lots of fun.

I made a cute little cake for Lucie (thanks Jess for the inspiration). Ella is turning into quite the helper these days and asked if she could put the sprinkles on it. I let her do it and she loved doing it. Lucie, however, didn't really even notice the sprinkles. 


At first, I think she was pretty confused and didn't really know what to do with the cake. It wasn't until I gave her a taste and someone brought her a spoon that she decided it was good to eat. I think she preferred the frosting far more than the cake.

But hey, homemade frosting IS pretty good (and easy to make - I use the recipe on the C&H box). I admit that I'm pretty partial to it too.


Of course, I can't think of her birthday without thinking of the Birth Day. A year ago today, I was pretty scared of what was before me -- induction. Lucie was due on December 30th, but didn't seem to want to leave my belly. Because Ella was so big and my labor with her was so long and hard, induction seemed like a good idea. It turned out to be a really positive experience. If you're interested, you can read about the day of her birth here (the earliest posts are at the bottom) -- I even managed to blog a little bit during labor! That turned out to be great since my cell service in the hospital was spotty and people were able to leave comments on the blog. It was so much fun to read the comments from the hospital - plus they're a great addition to her Baby Book that I'm still trying to finish.

Happy Birthday Lucie! We are so blessed to have you in our lives!




1 comment:

Jamie said...

Happy Birthday Lucie! I love you! Great pics and post!