Saturday, January 03, 2009

A Realization

Whew! I can breathe just a bit now! It has been one busy month for this momma...as you might have guessed from my lack of posting! I think that I've been busier this past month than in a long time.

This year was an awakening to the reality of my situation. Because December brings Brett's birthday and Christmas and January brings birthdays for both girls, those two months will ALWAYS be busy months for me. For some reason, I didn't really expect this holiday season to be that busy until it was upon me and reality set in. Last year, I wasn't nearly as busy...but then again, I was expecting a Christmas or New Year's Baby and planned ahead. It was a much more relaxing experience. I have realized that to maintain my sanity I have to PLAN...FAR FAR IN ADVANCE. I just may have to become one of those people who does "Christmas in July"!

This is not a complaint. I love my family. I love making special moments for my family and birthdays and Christmas are important times to do that. I just realize that in order to do what I want, I need to plan. So, here's to a new year of hopefully planning ahead!

2 comments:

Jamie said...

love the posts!

Caleb's Momma said...

If anyone can figure it out, it is you. I am sure next year you will have it down. And the kiddos will be older. Anyway, when you do figure it out let me know, as Audrey's b_day is the month before Christmas.