Sunday, April 05, 2009

The Before Pictures

Now that my adventurers are safely in the British Isles, the makeover of the Girls' Room has officially begun! My artistic sister Jamie and my dad came up to join me for the weekend and to lend me a hand. But, before we got to work, I took some "Before" photos of the room. 

This is what you see when you walk into to the room -- Ella's bed and the bookshelf that Brett made with his own two hands. You can also see the inadequate lighting as well -- the hanging Ikea light that is above the bed.

Here is the window that looks out onto our complex - it actually has quite a nice mountain view as well too. My mom and I made the curtains and they've given us privacy for the past four years. However, I really wanted something that would block out more of the cold and light so that the girls can sleep better...and hopefully later!


Here is Lucie's crib and the dresser that the girls share.


This picture is taken from the window -- it is the view of the closet and the door to the hallway.

So, we've made some progress but not enough to take new photos of. Hopefully, during Lucie's nap and this evening Jamie and I can make some good progress on the bedding. I can't wait to see how it all turns out!

No comments: