Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Back-to-School for Ella


Last week was Ella's first day back at preschool. Since she has a January birthday, she misses the cut-off for Kindergarten this year. And, that's fine by me. I'm not quite ready to send her off every day. This year, she'll be going to preschool three days a week. Mrs. H is her teacher and she is quite excited about that.


I ended up taking some "First Day of School" pics on Monday, although it was technically only "Orientation Day". I did the same thing last year and thought that I would continue the tradition. Even Lucie got in on the pics. (Yes, I realize that Lucie's bangs are out of control...very "Flock of Seagulls"-esque. We ended up cutting her hair that night...so now she looks a bit more boyish, unfortunately.)


Since Monday was Orientation Day, I went with Ella for about an hour to see her classroom and meet her new teacher and classmates. We were both a little surprised to discover that Ella knows only one classmate - her best friend Vera. But, I'm sure that Ella will adjust and make new friends. Lucie came along for the ride and actually did a great job playing while Mrs. H gave us the rundown of what to expect this year.

Wednesday brought the first official day of school. Ella was a little bit of an Eeyore when she saw last year's teachers and got sad that she wouldn't be with them. And of course, she refused to smile for a true First Day of School picture. But, apparently, she had a wonderful day. Mrs. H had thoughtfully prepared special goody bags for all of the students. It made Ella feel very special. It has been a week of school already and so far, everything is going well. I think this will be a great year!

No comments: